Battery Venting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Venting?

I finally got my battery problems sorted out... when I bought my battery they didn't give me the instructions and I had no idea the venting hose had to be connected to the battery (the girl had plugged it when she filled it.... the guys at the shop said it could have exploded!)

Where do I route the hose on the bike? I have the Clymers manual but it doesn't say much about it, other than to disconnect the hose when removing the battery... and it appears there is not already one on the bike...

Whoops, the bike is a GS650G!

Comment

When staring at the battery box, the hose should be on the left. It runs down between the engine and swingarm. There might be a clip here and there to hold it in place. It should exit somewhere below the bike, in the middle, between the legs of the centerstand. Mine hangs 3 or 4 inches below.

Comment

On my 81 GS750L the vent runs from the battery behind the battery box drops down and is threaded through the space above the center stand to exit just behind the center stand and hangs down a few inches. This is simular ro most of the bikes I've had.

Mike

Comment

If you don't see tabs or anything to help with routing, just do what the other guys said. Just make sure the end of the tube won't drip on your paint.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X