Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here I go, trying to bum something again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I go, trying to bum something again.

I need the plug that goes in the bowl of a CV type carb. The one I have looks like someone made it from a bolt and it is too short. Would someone be willing to sell me one? I know, I should post this in the "Parts Wanted" section, but I think I will get more views here.

Okay, to make it technical, is it a special screw, or can I just buy one at the auto parts store?

Terry

Terry, exactly which one is it? I may have one that you can have if it is the one that goes into the bottom of the float bowl. Don't know if you could find one in the auto store or not. Let me know if that is the one you need. I'm leaving work at 1 est today so won't be able to check back in with you until monday so if you don't hear from me thats why.

Comment

It's the one that goes in the bottom of the float bowl. I just found it last night, trying to get the bike ready for my sister to ride. I was checking gas in the bowls and pulled it out. When I tried to re-install it, it acted like it was stripped. I put one of the others in and it worked just fine. When I looked at the bad one, it looked like the end had been cut off of it and it was too short.

Terry

Comment

Terry, I do have a spare one I think let me check when I get home and make sure, if I do send me a pm or email with your address and I'll get it in the mail to you. I'll be going to the library tomorrow or sunday to check on some items on ebay so I'll check back then. I'm out of here for the weekend, rode big blue to work today so I'm taking the long way home.

Comment

Hi, I've got quite a few, you can have one for free. Let me know where to send it and it will go out in todays mail.

Comment

Screw

Bob,

If you don't mind, I would like to have one. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but I've been out of town.

Terry Smith
            104 Dunbar
            Victoria, Texas 77904

Thanks,

Terry

Comment

It's packaged and will be in todays mail. Enjoy.

Comment

Plug

Bob,

I got it, thanks! Actually, it came in a couple of days ago, I've just been too occupied to think straight lately. Sorry it took so long to acknowledge getting it. I really do appreciate you sending it to me. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Terry

Comment

Thanks Terry, from what I've been reading I'm sure you have had more important things on your mind. I hope everything turns out in your favor. As others have said, The sooner you catch these things, the more likely the chances of whipping it. At least you had the courage to get a check up, I've been putting it off forever and being 50, that is pure foolish, I know. Glad the screw worked for you,
                  Bob.

Comment

Working...
                  X