missing bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing bolts

I'm working on an '83 GS750ES model, I'v managed to lose the bolts that holds the clutch cover, the ideal would have to get the info from my local Suzuki dealer, offcours at this time it is closed as it is on sundays. I can get the bolts from any hardware store but I need to know the lenght of all the bolts. My shop manual doesn't specify how long they are (original Suzuki manual). Anybody got the information handy ?

use a paper clip or wire to stick in hole then mark it when it bottoms out. then you can use your tape measure to get the measurement. subtract a few mm from the bolt so that way you will not need a bunch of washers to get the cover to seal.

Comment

Great idea .. thaank you! :mrgreen:

Comment

You can go to bike bandit and look up the parts - the parts list gives diameters and lengths in the diagram.

Mike

Comment

in my experience, I have had 2 problems with hardware bolts.
          1. they look nothing like automotive bolts (very ghetto)
          2. the auto manufacturers use a thread that you cant buy in a hardware store so you would be forced to buy from them....you would have to drill out the holes and re-thread them with the correct dye.

Comment

You should go to a fastener shop to buy bolts - the stuff you get at the hardware store truly is crap. Well, not crap, just not for automotive applications. Bike shops and auto shops can order the hardware, but it's alot cheaper at a fastener shop - I live in an agricultural area, so our local "implement" shop stocks or can get any type of fastener and non-regulated chemical known to man (and at great prices - cost me $4 to get SS bolts and washers for my exhaust).

Mike - I've had nothing but bad luck with Bike Bandit. Granted, I've only looked up my specific model ('83 750ED), but all of the diagrams that I've checked out were so washed out that I couldn't read a single part number. They just look like very poor quality scans. I'll try looking up a few other models for comparison, but is this the norm for Bike Bandit's diagrams, or am I just that unlucky?

-Q!

Comment

The diagrams for my 81 aren't that bad. They have more than one copy posted so between the sets I could find all of the case bolts.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X