Trouble with Tranny? Maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Tranny? Maybe?

I went for about a 40 minute ride. I had trouble downshifting a couple times while moving. Upshift was no problem, although she has always seemed to shift a little hard to me. Any ideas as to why. It's a '79 GS1000. '78 motor and tranny. Any ideas guys? I don't know where to begin looking. Thanks

When starting of from a stop. Where is the clutch lever when the clutch grabs.

Roman

Comment

Off hand I don't know, I just know when it's there. I was at one time thinking that my clutch was going out. Explain where you are going with this, and I will check it out.

The first idication that the clutch was going was when the bike was in gear but not running. I pulled the clutch to try to push the bike and it was very hard to roll lie it was still in gear, but not quite.

Comment

If the clutch is draging, cable out of adjustment, Clutch plates broken/warped it could cause your shifting problem

Comment

All of the above, plus what sort of oil are you using? Could be gummed up plates, oil a bit overworked. Is the clutch cable worn...a new or lubed cable makes a difference. Also make sure the chain is adjusted properly. All of these probelms together when fixed can make a big difference.

I have a 78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
          X