Vacuum line plugging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum line plugging

I am about to install a pingle petcock and wonder about the technique used to plug the vac line. Do I plug just the #3 line or all of them? Should I plug the hose(s) or plug the inlet on the carb(s)?

Thanks!!

The only carb that should need a plug on the vacuum fitting is the one supplying vacuum for the petcock. That is unless for some reason the other three aren't already plugged.

Comment

I am unsure if the others are plugged, however all three(#'s 1,2,and 4) have lines coming from them that route behind the air box.

Comment

The other lines are probably just vent lines.

Comment

I know that the #3 is the only line that is "active" in applying vaccuum so that makes sense. Should it be plugged at the carb or at the end of the line?

Comment

Either method of plugging will work. The cleanest method is to get some plugs from any auto parts. Otherwise just plug the old line with a golf tee or something.

Comment

I installed a pingle on my 1100e three days ago (great valve BTW). I plugged the vacuum line from carb #2 with a 10mm bolt that I had coated with vacuum grease. I left the other two lines, a vent line and an overflow tube, alone.

Works great.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Comment

kevin, just plug the vacuum line. The other 2 lines are the floatbowl vent tubes. If they are plugged or even kinked, the bowls will not vent properly and you will experience fuel starvation. They should be routed under the seat or any place where they will be in the clear. Bikes with stock intakes should leave them on. Bikes with pod filters should remove them to help the venting cope with the increased intake.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                X