Bevel gear questions and need parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bevel gear questions and need parts

For those of you that dont know I have a 1979 Shaft drive GS850G The bike is almost compleat but I have a few questions. I took the side of the case off to drain the gear oil were the shifter is. I then finaly got the bevel gear out of that side of the case. The gear needs replacing. Can I replace only the bearing or is this all one piece? Next do any of you have this part you are willing to make me a deal on? Next I need the compleat headlight assembly Bucked, mounting hardware and all as well as front blinkers. Well thanks for listening.

Sorry for the double post

Comment

It's time to search ebay, thats your best bet. I bought a spare set for mine. GS 1000G I believe is the same, G or GL they are the same, GS1100G is different The bearing part #s are Side beveled gear Brg # 09265-32001 qt 2, O ring #09280-63004. for the drive shaft side front brg #09265-25012 rear brg # 09265-25011 Seal #09283-35018 O ring #09280-70005 hope this helps. There have been several 850 motors on ebay the only problem is they are on the east coast. You may be able to contact the seller and just get the gears??

Comment

Replace both gear sets; they wear together. Go to bikebandit.com and look up the part numbers. My 83 1100G has the set out of an 80 or 81 1000G in her now; the part numbers were identical, though I think the 850's were different. Also try motorcycle salvage yards. It's not a hard job and your swingarm bearings probably needed greasing and adjusting anyway.

Comment

Well I went to that site but apearently they only sell dirt bike stuff. I also did manny google searches with no luck. You got yours off ebay? How much did you pay for the whole set up?

Comment

Working...
          X