What the H E double hockey sicks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the H E double hockey sicks?

Well.... I was slightly woried about a problem with my #1 cylinder not warming up till the bike was droped off the center stand and the choke was off. I didn't think this would majorly affect anything so I figured I would just ride like that. The bike is running great it seems, but now the #2 cylinder is not hot after the bike warms up.

Before the choke is off I can spit on the #1 pipe and it doesn't boil. In fact I can even touch the pipe.

After its warmed up the problem changes to the #2 cylinder.

I have checked and moved the plugs around, but not in an order that would make the problem go to #2 if the plugs were the problem.

Im sure the carbs are clean. Choke circuits and all were compleetly dipped, and blown out. While in the dip tank I used a small syringe to be sure the solutioin was flowing through all the ports. As far as I know they are clean as new.

The fuel system is also great. The filters are clean in and out of the tank, and the petcock is working.

I have been shoping for some new coils, and wires. I'm curious if that would help?

Re: What the H E double hockey sicks?

Most likely, the pickup tube for the choke on #1 cylinder is blocked. Ream it out with a strand of wire from a steel bristle brush.

The internal passageway between the fuel pilot screw and the main is clogged on #2 carb.

I would also check for loose clamps on the induction boots.

Earl

Originally posted by chrisdnoel
    Well.... I was slightly woried about a problem with my #1 cylinder not warming up till the bike was droped off the center stand and the choke was off. I didn't think this would majorly affect anything so I figured I would just ride like that. The bike is running great it seems, but now the #2 cylinder is not hot after the bike warms up.

Before the choke is off I can spit on the #1 pipe and it doesn't boil. In fact I can even touch the pipe.

After its warmed up the problem changes to the #2 cylinder.

I have checked and moved the plugs around, but not in an order that would make the problem go to #2 if the plugs were the problem.

Im sure the carbs are clean. Choke circuits and all were compleetly dipped, and blown out. While in the dip tank I used a small syringe to be sure the solutioin was flowing through all the ports. As far as I know they are clean as new.

The fuel system is also great. The filters are clean in and out of the tank, and the petcock is working.

I have been shoping for some new coils, and wires. I'm curious if that would help?
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Earl,

You are absolutely amazing with your long-distance diagnoses! As I posted a few months ago, would you please move to Massachusetts immediately, so that you would be right around the corner to work on my bike when I need it?!!!

Seriously, if you ever choose to vacation in the New England area, you (and your wife/family) have a free place to stay at my house. Nice house in the outer suburbs, comfortable guest room, use of my bike and spare pickup truck, etc. We're 20 miles west of Boston, an hour and a half from New Hampshire'e Lakes Region and southern New England's ski areas. You can fly round trip for dirt cheap on shuttles to Boston's Logan Airport from Florida (Orlando particularly).

Lots and lots of places for tourists to visit here, historical stuff, museums, concert halls, Cape Cod and the Islands, the Berkshire hills in western MA and the mountains further north in New England. I've got a Correct Craft ski boat docked on a lake 20 minutes from my house. If you waterski, I can whip your @ss around the lake!

Its a whole different world from Florida (where the highest elevation is about 316 feet above sea level, in Deland, if I remember correctly from my days at Embry Riddle). Motorcycle roads actually go up and down hills and around variable-camber and variable-radius corners here!

I know from your many posts that you are a good man, in far more respects than just motorcycles. My wife and kids and I would welcome you. All I ask is you spend half an hour foolin' around with a wrench on my bike!

Comment

:-) :-) :-) :-) Brion, if I get up that way, I am going to make it a point to stop by and tune up your bike .......whether you want it tuned or not. LOL
        Sounds great up there, now if I can only convince the boss to put some jobs on hold for a little while. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by bgk
        Earl,

All I ask is you spend half an hour foolin' around with a wrench on my bike!
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
        X