GS1150 530 chain conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 530 chain conversion

Can any one tell me if the number of teeth on the sprockets stays the same when switching from 630 to 530 chain, or do they need to be changed to keep the final drive ratio the same? Thanks.
    Doze. :?

i would venture to say if one wished to maintain to exact ratio one currently has you would have the same number of teeth reguardless of chain size any change will alter the gearing. ozman

Comment

Ratios are the same for same teeth. The length of the chain does change in terms of links. A 530 front sprocket is smallr tho, so depending on the size may be a bit smaller than is optimal for chain life.

If you do a search on 530 chain there is a bit of discussion.

Comment

Hi Doze!

Just change the sprockets to 530 and put the same size of chain too( I think I went with 118link and narrowed it a little). There is no difference at all other than weight, looks and 1 or 2 extra horsepowers as a bonus. The smaller size of the sprocket compared to org. 630 doesn?t mean anything to chain life. The chain is also smaller giving app. the exact same geometry....
        I have 530 15-42 sprockets on my bike since about 6000miles and it works like it should.

Comment

Working...
        X