o rings and plug for '80 750 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o rings and plug for '80 750 carbs

where can i find the orings and plug for cleaning my carbs? I nhave not started this process yet but In carb cleaning section on the site it states these need replaced. I assume they would be cheap and was wondering if anyone sells a kit just for the orings and plunger? or can i readily find these at a hardware store?

thanks for replies

For o-rings try http://home.att.net/~robert.barr/

I bought a set for $12.00

"Complete set of 24 O-rings for Mikuni 'BS' series CV Carburetors
    Fits most Suzuki GS series and Kawasaki fours from '80 to '84
    Twelve bucks. Enough for all four carbs. FREE shipping in the U.S. "

Comment

quick question

i dont mean to sound stupid but if I buy the oring kit will I need a carb rebuild kit? It appears to me that the answer is no unless I damage a gasket.

Comment

If you are carefull you can do it without replacing the gaskets, the rubber plug you can get from suzuki, Heat the area around the air screw on the intake side before you try to remove the air screw, every one has problems with them because the factory I think put some thread sealer on them, or just years of corosion

Comment

I'm certain the O-ring kit did more for my bike than the carb kits. I purchased the carb kits before I knew of the o-ring kit. I installed the carb kits since I had them, and, because I didn't want to be second guessing myself if the bike didn't run right. The only thing I really needed was the rubber plug that covers one of the jets.

If I had to do it again, I'd get the o-ring kit first and save the $85 on carb kits.

Regarding the plug covering the air screws, I drilled enough of a hole in the top to allow me to get the tip of an easy out in it. I then used my drill to back it out (it doesn't really back out, there are no threads -- that's just how the easy out grips).

Comment

Working...
          X