Well here we go agan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here we go agan

I found the parts new for $400 at the local repair shop. I talked to the local cycle salvage yard today and they have the parts but will not sell them seperate so I need the whole motor wich they will sell me for $300 at this point saving $100 on this project is a big deal. The good part is for the $300 they will garontee the motor and all the parts on it or good. At this point I sure would like somone to say hey I have those bevel gear asemblys otherwise I believe as soon as I recuperate some cost in a couple weeks I will be buying a $300 motor just for a couple little gears.
    BTW thanks for the help so far I realy apreciate it

If you were to buy those two 1000G's on eBay, you could swap it into your 850 frame (direct fit, or so I've heard), then part the rest out. Or, get the 1000G running, and get rid of the other one and your 850.

These two have seem to have fallen almost directly in your lap.

Comment

Unfortunatly the 850 is to big for me so a 1000 would be way to big.

Comment

There is no physical difference in size between the 850 and the 1000. The 1000 motor would bolt right in. Just make sure it is a 79 motor or that you get the carbs with it There was some one from New Burn?? Ct??? A salvage Co had GS 850 motor for sale on ebay No takers with starting bib $20 I will repost if I can find it

Comment

Hey Jason, someone's selling a complete tranny in the Parts for sale section... you might want to check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X