HELP ! Wireing on a 84' GS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP ! Wireing on a 84' GS550

I can not get the starter to kick .. Even if i spray some gas on the filter and push start it it won't fire up ? The guy i got it from was in the proces of makeing this a drag bike and stripped lights off it and I started to put wires back in place and i can get power to bike but when i hold the brake in the starter dos'nt engauge ? ... whats the problem ? what should i be looking for ? ..

Thanks,
    John

Make sure the kill switch is in the run position. Hold in the CLUTCH lever.

Comment

thanks gary i'll give it a try today !

Comment

okay tried that and nothing worked ... dose any one have a wireing diagram ? ... To push start it do i have to have a battery on it ? .. Thanks, John

Comment

You must have the battery in place because you need power to the coil. The small wire that runs to the coil should indicate voltage when the ignition is turned on.

I didn't understand from your post but I assume that the starter is working but it simply won't fire is that correct?

Comment

i'll get back to you guys tonight but good news is I did get a spark this afternoon when i came home from school ! ... Also I am arcing the starter and getting the motor to turn over .. I shot some starter fluid in there and made sure i had spark and it wanted to fire up ... but then i took the plug off agin and there was no spark ?! ... so i am gonna wait a few and charge the battery ...

I'll get back with you tonight ..

P.S yestarday I took the carbs off for first time and to my amazement I found that the intake ports were ported ! looks like a hella nice smoouth job too ! I can't wait to get this GS550 runnin<good>haha! ..

Later,
            John

Comment

Working...
            X