Need an 1150 part number checked please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need an 1150 part number checked please

Looks like the ignitor on my 84 1150 has failed on the 1-4 side. 2 & 3 still spark. Ohmed everything out and switch around coils, so pretty sure it's the ignitor. Problem doesn't occur until bike is warmed up, then surges for a while then goes to running on 2 cylinders. (Bike doesn't pull too well on only two cylinders :? )
    Anyway, the picture on BikeBandit is terrible but I think the part number is 33120-00A10. It checks as a valid number but the description says "Rotor Signal" (says the same on RonAyers).
    Also, if someone should have one they want to get rid of??? Let me know.(Thought maybe one from an 1100 might work but no go ).

Thanks.

Sorry but that is the wrong number, the number you want is 32900-00A10
    Ron Ayers has it http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts....ng=32900-00A10 $332.96US!!!!!!! 8O 8O it is $427.77US at Bandit!!

I don't know of any 1150's in the bone yards around here, but it may interchange with some other models, if any body knows what others will work, I can look and see if I can find it here.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
      Sorry but that is the wrong number, the number you want is 32900-00A10
      Ron Ayers has it http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts....ng=32900-00A10 $332.96US!!!!!!! 8O 8O it is $427.77US at Bandit!!

I don't know of any 1150's in the bone yards around here, but it may interchange with some other models, if any body knows what others will work, I can look and see if I can find it here.
      Oh man that's way scary. (Liked my part number better, only $75).
      Anybody got a used one out there? :roll: I have one for an 82/83 1100E if anyone's looking to swap.
      Thanks Leon.

Comment

Pete, go to a Dyna S ignition. I did and I haven't had a lick of problem since. The price is a whole lot better too, only around $ 150. Two things you will need that aren't supplied with the ignition setup are, a mechanical advance unit from a 80/81 1100E and the ignition cover and bolts from the same bike. You need the deeper cover because the mechanical advance unit is deeper than the one you have on your bike.
        Doze.

Comment

Working...
        X