gs750es Fork Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750es Fork Oil

Thanks for this great forum, I've been spending alot of time reading throught it lately. I wanted to change the fork oil in my 83 gs750es and I just wanted someone with the manual to double check how much goes into each fork. The dealer said 308ml of 10wt but he didn't sound so sure of himself. Also, if there is anything that I should watch out for while doing this please let me know. Thanks!

308 ml (10.4 oz.) of 10 wt oil. If measuring by oil height, 170 mm with the spring removed and the fork fully compressed.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that for me. I have one more question for you guys. Since this new fluid (Pro Honda SS-8 Suspension Fluid 10wt) is red and very liquidy, and the old stuff is much thicker ( Looks like heavy milky motor oil that I doubt will completely drain) should I pull the springs out and wipe them down, and maybe pour the excess new fluid into the forks, work it around, and drain again, before filling the 308ml, just to get more of the old stuff out? Thanks

Comment

I would drain the forks, pull and clean the springs, then use a little of the new fluid to flush the forks. After that I would fill the forks (without springs) by the measurement method (forks compressed) and reassemble.

Comment

Ok, to do that properly would I have to pull the forks off of the bike or can that all be done with them still on it?

Comment

You can flush them with kerosene. Fill them about half full with the springs removed then pump the fork up and down a few times. Do this until the kerosene comes out clean. Then turn them upside down to drain for awhile. Be careful not to scratch the tubes.

Comment

Working...
            X