running rich....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running rich....?

in talking to one of the guys during the WI ride last weekend the fact that my bike never seems to need the choke to start came up, he mentioned that could be a sign of problems (ie running rich)...

i have no running problems at all with the bike..should i worry or leave well alone ?

interesting...both of my GS's wont start without the chock...sometimes after just sitting an hour.

what does your fuel economy look like? how about the spark plugs...what color is the ceramic at the center?

~Adam

Comment

Re: running rich....?

One of my bikes (the 1150) never needs the choke no matter how long it has been sitting and runs very nicely. The other bike (750E) always needs the choke for a cold start. It too runs fine. If your gas milage is decent and the bike runs well with good throttle response, leave it alone. Running a little rich (if that is the case) will not hurt anything. LEAVE IT A L O N E !! :-) :-)
      Most people can save themselves 50% on repair bills simply by repeating this phrase......If it aint broke, dont fix it. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by PhilEkins
      in talking to one of the guys during the WI ride last weekend the fact that my bike never seems to need the choke to start came up, he mentioned that could be a sign of problems (ie running rich)...

i have no running problems at all with the bike..should i worry or leave well alone ?
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Re: running rich....?

Originally posted by earlfor
        One of my bikes (the 1150) never needs the choke no matter how long it has been sitting and runs very nicely.
        You need to thank Sir David for that!

Comment

Depends what you mean by cold start. Here it has been below freezing, so I need choke to start. After sitting all day, it might start without choke, but to warm it while putting on the bike gear I use the choke to idle the thing. In summer it will start no choke, but the idle speed is useful.

Comment

Working...
          X