cam shaft diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam shaft diameter

i would like to know if anyone can measure the cam shaft diameter for me. i am drawing a new degree wheel on CAD and would like to know what size center hole to draw for the cam shaft. i will have the degree wheel drawn soon so i can post it on the GSR. i promise to make it very easy to read.

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

degree wheel is mounted to the crankshaft not to the cams

Comment

ok i did a little more research on degreeing, and have a better understanding. anyone who has done this can you recomend a good diameter size for the degree wheel. i was thinking about a 7" diameter, and are there any other sugestions from anyone on how a degree wheel can be improved.

-Ryan
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x

Comment

the bigger the better,more precise, and makes it easier to use

Comment

How about making it the same size as a CD. Then it can be stuck on one and should be quite sturdy.

Comment

sounds good, i'll do the cd thing and i will make a bigger one to. then i'll post some pictures so you folks can just print one out for yourself too.

ryan
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x

Comment

I would make it bigger than a CD. The one I purchased many years ago is about 12" in diameter (by memory - I'll check when in the garage later today.

As for the sturdiness aspect - remember that this will be clamped to the crankshaft with a bolt. Get the inside diameter correct so that you don't have to use a lot of spacers. Also, I would use metal backing instead of plastic.

Comment

agree with swanny mine is about 10 inchs(the degree wheel i mean) on aluminum with centre hole same size as rotor bolt . 8) 8) ozman

Comment

Working...
                X