Fork Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Questions

My GS550 seems to ride rough, Like I can feel every bump in the road.
    My fork seals don't leak and i changed the fork oil and filled it to the spec in my suzuki maual with bel ray 15w fork oil. Am i missing something ,This is my first bike and im not sure if it is supposed to act like this.

Rough Riding

How bad is it. If your forks are right maybe it's your tires. Getting Old? Under inflated? Worn out springs in the shocks or forks?

Comment

I have my bike suspension set up pretty stiff. Even so, the bumps I feel arent coming from the front forks, but from the rear suspension. Have you checked the springs on your rear wheel to see what setting they are preloaded on? Reducing the preload will soften up the ride. I'm running 30 weight oil in my forks and a spacer on the springs and my front suspension is stiff, but not at all rough.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Off the fork idea for just a second... What kind of tire, and at what pressure are you running it? I've had some less expensive tires that were horrible for vibration. They wear forever, but feel terrible.

Tim

Comment

Hi everyone thanks for the ideas. My tires are brand new Kenda Challengers, They are cheap but reccomend to me by several people in town. My rear shocks are set to the lowest setting for the preload. I am a very light person 130 lbs . Does anyone have a measurment or way of testing the fork springs my manual dosent say anything about checking them. Also could the problem be in the stering head bearings I tightned the nut a little and it seemed to ride smoother but the handle was very heavy. I could hardly keep it in a straight line. I have also tried diffrent tire pressures, And that dosent seem to change the bumpiness very much
          Thanks again
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X