tank and seat compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tank and seat compatibility

I've got a 1978 GS 750. Needs a seat and a Gas tank, plus a whole bunch of other stuff. Any one know how I can find out what parts will fit my bike from others? I have some friends who are going to the swap meet in Caryle PA in a couple of weeks so I want to tell them what to look for. Thanks

a 550 tank should fit...and i believe a 550 seat will fit. make sure are both 77-79...i know for sure 80+ seats will not fit your bike.

Comment

I have the same question for my 80 850L. Mainly regarding the dinky tank. Anyone know what fits or how to find out?

Comment

dew,

I think you should forget about getting a bigger tank and just devise an engine that runs on hydrated sucrose. i.e. Dew. That way, you only have to remember to fill up one tank for all your fuel needs.

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
          a 550 tank should fit...and i believe a 550 seat will fit. make sure are both 77-79...i know for sure 80+ seats will not fit your bike.
          I dunno. I had a tank which I thought would fit, as it looked the same. Once I got it home I found out it was shorter! Could it have been a 550 tank I had? Yeah, yeah. I know. Hold it up to the computer so you can see it. :roll:
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

A GS550 tank is smaller and probably won't fit.
            As far as I know, 550 and 750 seats (77/78/79) are the same.

Comment

Working...
            X