airbox side covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

airbox side covers

I would like to replace the ruber covers on the either side of the airbox. Just under chrome covers. However, I can't seem to find that part on bike bandit. I also called suzuki dealer and he doesn't show it on his computer.

Anyone knows where I can find these?

I'd check on EBAY - just looked this morning and I remember seeing a complete airbox ass'y up for auction, although I don't remember what it was off of?? I think your 850 covers and gaskets are identical to the ones found on the 1000's, shouldn't be too hard to find. 8)

Comment

just use clear slicone underneath the covers.
      Worked for me.
      Mo

Comment

Originally posted by Mobetter
        just use clear slicone underneath the covers.
        Worked for me.
        Mo
        I agree. Cheapest solution.

Comment

My 1980 850G only had one of these rubber covers. I assumed there should have been two. I made up another one from an old inner tube and glued it in place with the silicon that the other guys mentioned.

Comment

wait...

the man above me: you only had gasket on one side, or only top half on each side. I think the bottom should be open.

I'll try silikon. I was thinking about it, just wasn't exited about checkign the air filter afterwards.

Comment

There are 4 openings on the airbox, two on each side. The two bottom openings are there to slide in the air filter. They are open under the chrome airbox cover. The top right opening is covered by the rubber piece on it. The top left opening didn't have anything covering it. Since any air entering thru this opening wouldn't go thru the air filter, and the carb intake boots were sitting in the airbox, I figured the prior owner pulled this piece off to try to assemble the intake system when he had removed and reinstalled the carbs. If the bike isn't supposed to have rubber peices on each side above the air filter I'd like to know. Then I would remove the cover I made up for it. Thanks.

Toolman wrote:
              the man above me: you only had gasket on one side, or only top half on each side. I think the bottom should be open.

Comment

I would try a bead of silicon on the cover. let it dry and reinstall the cover

Comment

Working...
                X