Need internal side view of CV34 carbs for a 82 1100EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need internal side view of CV34 carbs for a 82 1100EZ

Does anybody have a internal side view of the CV34 carb showing the air flow and fuel passages. PS not a parts break down view.

Thanks
    Jake
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

I'd love to see that as well.

I would love to see that as well. I spent some time yesterday pulling the freeze plugs out of a junk carb yesterday. I wanted to see all where all the holes went through the choke passage. It's a pretty crazy set up. I had to knock out a little bearing and drill out two plugs. All that to figure out that the hole under the bearing is just a secondary passage that goes back to the main hole. The main hole is the one you can see through with the diaphram removed.

Comment

Uy yuy yuy......

I'm soory to keep posting on this without having what you asked for. Atleast I'm keeping your subject at the top of the list. Any how. I just cut a 32mm carb in half. UY Yuy Freakin Yuy. I don't think a cut away image will help you much. Unless you have a carb that is cut in half for you to study you won't really get it.

The choke passage alone is three times more complicated than I initially thought. Not only does it have two holes that meet and go down to the intake bore, It also finds its way through the choke needle hole, around the side of your carb, and down to that tube that sticks into the bottom of the float bowl.

The pilot jet goes to the back of the carb at the air screw. It also goes the other way to the front and meets the air mixture screw. The air mixture screw also has two tiny holes that go down to the intake bore above butterfly valve.

The main jet is the least confusing. It does connect to the pilot through a little hole, but it also finds its way to the air hole at the back of the carb. The hole with no screw.

What a mess. No wonder so many find it hard to clean a set of carbs properly. I hope someone posts a view. If not cut one in half for yourself and code all the passages with paint. Unless you have X-ray vision you'll never see every thing other wise.

Comment

I have a picture in my factory manual, I'll try to scan it tonight.

Comment

Here you guys go, you may want to copy and/or tell your friends....anyhow enjoy!!!

Comment

Hey Dave thanks for the carb pic's, that was just what I was looking for.
            What do I owe you; cash, beer or my wife, you decide.

Thanks again
            Jake
            1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
            1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
            1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
            1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
            01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

I think I need to go to the library.

I think I need to go to the library to find this to copy for myself. My 850 factory manual only has this for the vm carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
                Hey Dave thanks for the carb pic's, that was just what I was looking for.
                What do I owe you; cash, beer or my wife, you decide.

Thanks again
                Jake
                Nadda Jake, but maybe next time we're in Tx. we can enjoy some of them Shiner Bocks together

Hey Chrisdnoel, you can just copy and paste these pics into a file for future reference

Comment

Working...
                X