How do you remove the stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remove the stator

I can't get the center piece off that you use to turn the motor.
    1985 GS700E

The magnetic piece (rotor) on the end of the crank for the stator requires a special tool to remove it any other method can damage the stator rotor

Comment

a source for the tool. Better listen to lyn.

BTW why do you want to take the rotor off??

Comment

and when you have the right puller for the job tighten firmly then a nice wack on the end of the bolt in the centre to loosen the rotor .most don't come off by just tightening the puller
        ozman

Comment

I need to take it out so I can move it to my new motor.

Comment

Originally posted by ozman
            and when you have the right puller for the job tighten firmly then a nice wack on the end of the bolt in the centre to loosen the rotor .most don't come off by just tightening the puller
            ozman
            I once had one on so tight it took me 2 weeks to free it!
            I started like we all do by giving it a sharp tap with a hammer, then I tried using a 3 leg puller and a sharp tap - the extractor bent! (& it had a 1" centre bolt!). I then borrowed the proper Suzuki tool from my local dealer - still no good. I ended up by using a 20 ton hydraulic extractor - it still didn't move even with very heavy "taps", so I applied heat (lots of it!) with an oxy-acetylene torch. After about 2/3 minutes there was an almighty bang and the rotor shot off at about 100 mph!
            Needless to say the rotor was scrap by then! (and the extractor wasn't too good either!)

Comment

Working...
            X