Looking for Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Bearings

My local bike shop Has a rear bearing ....which I think I need....26 bucks is steep but I really think I need to replace it

26.00 is cheap. How much is your time worth when pushing your bike home?

Comment

Originally posted by tbarnby
      26.00 is cheap. How much is your time worth when pushing your bike home?

8O TRUE

Comment

Take your bearing out and take it to the local auto parts store that deals in bearings....like O'Reillys here in Texas or NAPA everywhere....I think you'll be surprised at the price difference......

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL
          Take your bearing out and take it to the local auto parts store that deals in bearings....like O'Reillys here in Texas or NAPA everywhere....I think you'll be surprised at the price difference......
          Thanks for the tip...........There is a Napa by my house

Comment

Wheel bearings for most bikes are available through many outlets, like Dennis Kirk, and they're very inexpensive.

What will cost (reasonable, though) will be the labor; it takes special tools to drive out the old bearings and drive in the new ones, and you're far better off leaving this operation to a competent dealer.

I did, and I think the labor was $30 for one front wheel (two bearings).
            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
            __________________________________________________ ______________________
            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

3$ a bearin my hammer and punch, done ...any bearin supply house will have the size you need for dirt cheap.

Comment

Nice Nose

Robert,
                Nice Avitar. Its very becomming. Are you sniffing out your next O Ring customer. I got mine btw and they are going in tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

Re: Looking for Bearings

Originally posted by Alwyn678
                  My local bike shop Has a rear bearing ....which I think I need....26 bucks is steep but I really think I need to replace it
                  Al,

Just remove the bearings and take them to the Will Call counter at Motion Industries or Applied Industrial Technologies, or any reputable bearing distributor. I got mine at Motion Industries and they cost less than $10.

Hap

Comment

Working...
                  X