swapping forks from gs1100e to a gs1100gkz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping forks from gs1100e to a gs1100gkz

How hard would it be to put forks (triple clamps, air equailzer,brace) from an 83 gs1100e onto an 1982 gs1100gkz. will it work and will brakes, fender and tire from the gs1100gks fit?

Ok, I'm new here and I did do a search for this but found nothing specific to these models. I'm sure it's in here somewhere but couldnt find it.

I think this project of yours will probably work. Indeed, you have to remove the triple tree and the entire front end from the GK, and proceed to install the triple tree off the GS1100E.

The forks on the two bikes are totally different. You'll have to use the forks off the E bike. Calipers will be the same, as will be the discs. The fender off the E bike must be used.

The wheels are exchangeable.

Nick

Comment

thanks for the fast reply

one more question - I have a chance to buy an 1100e front end for $100 plus shipping. forks ,upper and lower tripple tree, handlebar clamps, equalizer tube and fork brace. seals appear to be good and forks are holding pressure. It seems like a good deal to me but looking for a second opinion.

Comment

That price sounds reasonable to me for all that.

Now you have to locate a fender for your modified GK.

Nick

Comment

Doesnt the GK come with bigger forks than the E? I know it should have heavier springs for the increased weight...

If I am right on these 2 parts... the E forks would be a downgrade... instead of an upgrade.

Jim

Comment

yep the forks on the gk are bigger, but I am not running the fairimgs and all the heavy stuff. I was just looking into some mods to do over the winter.

Comment

Working...
            X