CB communications systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB communications systems

What CB/music/cell phone/radar detector systems do you like? I've got an HJC 50 Chatterbox I bought for a trip I took 2-up with my daughter, and the stereo has no low end, very tinny. I've been looking at systems, and they all seem quite expensive, so I could use feedback as to what you guys think is the best value.
    1979 GS 1000

How well did the intercomm work between you and your passenger on your HJC 50?

Comment

HJC Chatterbox 50

The intercom worked fine, and we got good usage out of it; my only complaint was the audio quality, especially since I let my daughter be in charge of the music, so I was listening to music she chose. That was also fine, but no matter the level in the phones, the low end was poor, and overall sounded harsh. I'm a broadcast engineer, so I tried various combinations of input levels from the CD player and the master audio level, all to no avail. I'm not looking to ride 2-up much anymore, so I'm looking to be able to talk to other bikes, cars, trucks, etc, hence the CB, which seems more universal than FRS/GMRS.
      1979 GS 1000

Comment

I'm just interested in a good intercom between me and my other half. we're planning a trip from northern England to Southern Spain over christmas and need a decent intercom. I'd looked at the Autocom which everyone recommends but it's far too expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X