Mac exhaust on 1100GK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac exhaust on 1100GK?

I would like to know how well a Mac exhaust system will bolt up to a GK and whether it interferes with the centerstand at all. Does anyone know?
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

They bolt on easily. Carmen put them on his GS1100GL and they were already in place on my GS1100GK when I got it.

There is no interference with centrestand at all, but your heat shield will have to be adjusted a bit, or it makes it a bit awkward to find the sidestand as only the knob on the end of the lever is available; the rest is covered by the shield.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

They bolt on easily. Carmen put them on his GS1100GL and they were already in place on my GS1100GK when I got it.
      Thanks Ron, that is exactly what I needed to know. Does your bike have the whole set -- pipes and mufflers?
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Nope. It has the original pipes and junctions/balance pipe. Even before I bought the bike, Carmen identified the mufflers as MAC, saying they were the same as his.

Quiet at low speeds....sound pretty good at speed....but not too loud....and that's fine with me, as I dislike really LOUD pipes.

The sound is not a lot different from the Suzuki originals, which I have on my 82 GS1100G.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

OK... I am confused... How can it have the original pipes and junction.balance pipe but different mufflers ? (on my GK the outside headers, junction and muffler are a one piece welded unit, no way to replace just the mufflers (only thing separate are the two inner header pipes). Do you know what model MAC fits the GK ? Does it fit with the factory bags on ? Afer much searching when I bought my bike I was under the impression (apparently mistaken) that there was no aftermarket system that would fit the GK.

Comment

One word (or two, depending): Hacksaw

It's been brought up before (but I'm to chicken to try it) that asking your friendly local Harley dealer for stock mufflers can net you more than you can handle, for free!

Comment

Working...
            X