Oh Crap Crap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Crap Crap.

I did a no no. I got my carbs working fine. Well that is with one Doh. I opened up the choke circuit in the float bowls too much. Like 5/64 too much. If I could meeter it down? What should I meeter the opening down to. Im thinking 1/16 or 1/32 maybee? Does anyone know what the hole should be in the bowl where the straw goes down into the choke circuit?

I think the best place for me to adjust it would be where the straw meets the bowl down in side the opening. but I might be able to meeter it at the hole in the bottom of the bowl as well.

I could also meeter the straw.

I could also meeter the straw. That would probably be the best bet. I still need the size. I will probably try 1/32 first. The straw itself is 5/64 ID, but I know thats too large.

Comment

I figured out how to meeter the straws.

I figured out how to meeter the straws. On a junk carb I pinched the straw closed. Then I tapped a 1/32 nail into it. I pulled the nail out and it was perfect. The straw was still pinched out so I had to file the edges back down. This seems to have done the trick.

Is 1/32 a good size?

Comment

You can remove the good straw from a parts carb and place it in the carb you want to use. I have done this several times, they are pressed in but will come out with a little patience and work. Sorry, I thought the straw was the problem, never mind.

Comment

Working...
        X