Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pressure

Hi,

I needed to replace my oil lines. (engine to oil cooler and back). So I got few hoses from a local hydraulic shop. I had him cut them longer, and I rerouted them to go behind the air box instead of the front. It was easier to put them in this way.

Now my pressure light is on, and I don't know if I should be worried. Is this just because lines are longer or is the oil not circulating?

Thank you for any ideas, or comments.

BTW I accidetely got hoses in baby blue color. I was not thinking about it untill I put them on the bike. So then I was mad, but after looking at it for short time, I like the way it looks. It looks faster.

i sure wouldn't be running it with that light on!!! 8O

Comment

Did you re-add the oil lost by changing the lines? It may be a quart or so.

Comment

Pump is probably working to hard to pump the extra distance. The oil light comes on at like 1-1.5 lbs so it doesn't take much loss to activate the light

Comment

Have you swapped the oil pump gears from an 80 to 82 GS750 in? They increase the oil flow on the normal roller bearing engines. If you haven't, it might help. It couldn't hurt.

Comment

Working...
          X