18 thousanths!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 thousanths!

I just found out from Earl that the opening in the float bowl should be 18 thousanths of an inch. That about 1/55 of an inch.

Should I meeter the straw, or try to fix the bowls? I have seen other cv carbs with the straw plugged. I didn't know why till now, but those plugs were probably meetered.

If your wondering what the heck I'm talking about I posted earlier about drilling my choke circuit in the bowls to 5/64. OOPS!

Re: 18 thousanths!

I have a stainless steel bristle from a brush that I use to "ream" the choke tubes if theyre blocked. The bristle is a close fit in the tube. The bristle measured 18 thou with a micrometer. Thats not quite the same thing as saying the opening should be 18 thousandths. Its probably close, but........

Earl :-)

Originally posted by chrisdnoel
    I just found out from Earl that the opening in the float bowl should be 18 thousanths of an inch. That about 1/55 of an inch.

Should I meeter the straw, or try to fix the bowls? I have seen other cv carbs with the straw plugged. I didn't know why till now, but those plugs were probably meetered.

If your wondering what the heck I'm talking about I posted earlier about drilling my choke circuit in the bowls to 5/64. OOPS!
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I got a set of diesel engine injector nozzle cleaners to use for this. They have the diameter marked.

Comment

Or welding torch tip cleaners will also work, and they are "sized"
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

DON"T use welding tip cleaners !!!!! They will make the hole oversized !!!! They are actually a FILE !!

Comment

Working...
          X