How often do you have to replace your battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you have to replace your battery

I seem to get aobut 3 to 4 years and then they are done will not charge anymore via the bike or a charger.

I've been getting about 5 years with Yuasa batteries on my 83GS750ES.

Comment

I've got 2 on their 3rd yr. now, maybe get a few more months on them, like you, I find 3-4 yrs. max, if you take care of them

Comment

I usually have to buy one every spring, from the lack of getting around to putting it on charge routinely :roll: :roll:

Bought a Battery Tender this year so hopefully I will get off my lazy A## and hook it up, :roll:

Comment

Every 2 to 3 years. My bikes live outside (no garage) and I ride year round so they would get what I would probably call extreme service. They are exposed to temperatures from -10F to 105F on an average year. For short periods of bad snow during the winter I will cover the bikes and charge the batteries but that is usually for three weeks maximum in the winter.

Mike

Comment

I'm on my 3rd in 21 years... knock on wood!

Comment

I swear, if mine dies tomorrow by saying this, I'll kill.
              Mine's been going strong for a little over two years. Haven't even had to add water.

Comment

2 years has been the norm. Bought a battery maintainer after the first season with my newest battery, and I'm on my 3rd year now. It's still going strong so far. <knocking on wood> [-o<

Robben

Comment

Thanks for all the responses

Well I have about 3 years in mine now. and it doesn't have enought to crank it over. We are having a last blast of warm weather and I am stuck looking at my bike. I put a charger on it last night and it won't charge.

I was hoping it would charge but it doesn't make sence to buy a new one and then store it for the winter.

Comment

Working...
                  X