alternator kit for gs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator kit for gs1100

who is it that makes a kit to convert a gs1100nto a belt driven alternator? Jim

vmaxjim wrote:
    who is it that makes a kit to convert a gs1100nto a belt driven alternator?
    Why would you want a belt driven alternator? I would like to know. It is faster to take off, which I guess helps at the drag strip and you can alter the ratio, but there doesn't seem to be much benefit otherwise. Are you racing the bike? I have an 87 Ninja 750 with a belt driven altenator, so I am wondering if there is a benefit to it that I don't know about. It was supposed to be advantageous , but Kawasaki discontinued this feature. That leads me to think it wasn't that successful. The Ninja needs a purpose built tool to adjust the belt. It doesn't seem worth it to me, but I may be missing something.

Comment

Alternator kit

I will be drag racing the bike, and the rotor on these motors has a tendency to spin and chew up the end of the crank. Plus it should offer less recipricating weight as well.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I don't know the answer. The best idea I can come up with is to go to someone like Bob Bertaut Racing and ask them if they have heard of it.

Comment

Working...
        X