Carboned spark plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockford
    The original needles had the plastic spacers and I didn't place them on the new needles. The other stuff you suggested I did't get time to do yet.
    OK. As I said earlier, not replacing the top spacer will make the bike run much richer. It would have the same richening effect as raising the needle at least 2 positions.
    Put the spacers back on the way they were. IF LIKE MINE, the thicker spacer goes on top, the thinner one under the clip. These all go down over the spring.
    You may choose to start to re-jet by going with the Dynojet base settings.
    Their recommendations are sometimes on the lean side when it comes to the needle adjustment (my experience).
    I would raise the needle 1 position richer than their base setting. Again, this is just my opinion.
    Go with the main they recommend. As for the pilot circuit, do as they recommend and adjust your pilot screws if needed.
    If you have a vacuum tool, SYNCH the carbs. If you don't, do the best manual synch you can, but the tool is MUCH better. Put a fan on the motor.
    Every time the needles are moved, you must re-synch.
    Clean your plugs or replace. Gap the plugs. Check ignition timing before you synch.
    Go test ride and get some plug reads.
    At idle, you are on the pilot jet, along with the pilot screw.
    Just above idle, the needle starts to take over, but there is a significant overlap effect from the pilot jet/pilot screw until about 1/5 throttle.
    From about 1/5 throttle to 3/4 throttle, you are on the needle.
    There is another overlap at about 3/4 throttle with the main.
    Above 3/4, you are on the main.
    Talk to you later.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

after you reinstall the spacers and if the bike is still acting up, take the air filters off and take it for a quick spin, if your problem clears up i would try a diffrent filter, i bought some cheap prosport pod filters for my bike and they were not letting enough air in at the higher rpms so i had to go with k and n. you can't adjust your carbs properly if you aren't getting enough air into the engine.

ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
      X