What GS is this side cover too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What GS is this side cover too!

I bought it on ebay as advertised for a 80 GS850. It certainly is not. Now I need to get rid of it, but I need to know what it is too. :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35583

Reminds me of my RE-5, except for the blue stripe........
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Good question. It says '80 GS850. I have an '80 GS850, G model, and the right panel is not the same shape as this one. On mine the front edge is straight; mine is pretty much a triangle with rounded corners. I know mine is original because I bought the bike new. The attachment configuration is right--two slots at the top, a post at the bottom. I checked the gallery to see if it was for an L-model; not a match there either.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Looks like it's for a 79 GS550L:

Comment

Somebody with a 78' gs750e might want to respond.

Comment

One 79 GS550 Right side cover for sale!

To a good home for what I got taken for, er- paid.
            whodatfanman@yahoo.com

Comment

Re: One 79 GS550 Right side cover for sale!

Originally posted by whodatpat
              To a good home for what I got taken for, er- paid.
              whodatfanman@yahoo.com
              I sold it to Pat. I bought it off of ebay when it was advertised as a 1980 GS850G side cover. I thought it would fit my 1980 GS850L, but since it did not, I sold it on ebay. I looked at BikeBandit's schematic and it showed the part number that I advertised on ebay (47200) to be a 1980 GS850 side cover.

Anyway, I have offered to Pat to refund his money, or any money that he loses when he resales it. I feel bad about this, but tried my best to do the right thing.
              :? :? :? :? :? :?

Mea Culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
              Terry

Comment

These things happen and as long as the right thing has attempted to be done, I don't see why there should be any hard feelings.

It does look like a late 70s 550 side cover to me. I'm not sure the 'L' model was different from the rest.

Satch

Comment

I know this sort of thing happens. I am verry happy with Terry's offer to buy it back. He obviously did not know it would not fit my bike. I am not really sweating it. Plus, I am sure that someone is dying for a really nice 550 right side cover.

Comment

I bought a 1980 850g left side panel of e-bay for my 80 1000g the part number is 45100L (L is for Left) the right panel has a R, hope that helps
                    John.

Comment

Working...
                    X