all forked up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all forked up?

Been noticing a wobble in the front end for a few days on my 2 hour commute. I started checking front fork pressure. I keep 20 lbs on each side. The left is ok, but the right is losing about 4-5 lbs a day. There is no oil leaking from anywhere. I haven't had this happen before. Am I looking at replacing the seals or what? And can/should I keep refilling it and keep an eye on it till the end of the season or am I way off base on riding for safety sake?

Try washing the top of the seal off 20 lbs is alot should run 10-12 lbs. Just keep an eye on the pressure

Comment

Ever since I got the bike, the shop said you would probably want 15-20. I looked at the decal on the fork and it says up to 25 is ok. I hope I haven't caused the problem!!

Comment

I think it's the rubber 0-ring between the air valve and the top of the forks that is leaking. Had the same problem with my 1000S when I got it, replaced it with one from a Kawasaki dirtbike that I had laying around but I think it's a common size.

Comment

Originally posted by yashana5783
          Ever since I got the bike, the shop said you would probably want 15-20. I looked at the decal on the fork and it says up to 25 is ok. I hope I haven't caused the problem!!
          I think anything over 15psi is too high (Clymer manual recommends 9-11psi for the 82 GK)

Comment

The schrader valvve itself could be the source of the leak. Fill it back up and spray some soapy water around it to find the leak. If it's losing 5lbs/day, it shouldn't be hard to find.

Comment

Working...
            X