03 GSXR 600 Forks on 83 GS750E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 GSXR 600 Forks on 83 GS750E?

Can anyone tell me if this is doable? Are the Gixxer 600 forks strong enough? Will they fit? Should I wait for an early Gixxer 1100, instead? Thanks.

Anything is doable with a machine shop. It would be easier if you watch for one that uses tapered bearings on the steering stem. That would make it more of a bolt on project.

Comment

Thanks. I suppose by your reply this one doesn't have the tapered head bearings. I am working off of a 6 page post by Gerry when he converted an early Gixxer front.

Billy Ricks wrote:
      Anything is doable with a machine shop. It would be easier if you watch for one that uses tapered bearings on the steering stem.

Comment

I'm not sure of the exact year, but sometime in the mid '90's Suzuki switched to a sealed ball type bearing. I guess if the races would fit the GS steering hearing you could modify that way. Before that Suzuki used tapered bearings, a mall one at the top and a leger one at the bottom of the steering stem. Check that whole thread and another by Swanny in the same section. You'll find just about everything you need to know.

Comment

Working...
        X