handlebar diameter for 1979 GS550e??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

handlebar diameter for 1979 GS550e??

Can anyone tell me what the handlebar diameter for bars from a 1979 550e are?

Looking at a set on e-bay right now, looking to get something a bit lower/sportier than my stock 1981 550t bars, but nothing super radical. Want to make sure the bar diameters match before I spend too much money on these things.

Thanks in advance!!

Amos

Re: handlebar diameter for 1979 GS550e??

7/8th of an inch diameter.

Earl

Originally posted by TheBigRed
    Can anyone tell me what the handlebar diameter for bars from a 1979 550e are?

Looking at a set on e-bay right now, looking to get something a bit lower/sportier than my stock 1981 550t bars, but nothing super radical. Want to make sure the bar diameters match before I spend too much money on these things.

Thanks in advance!!

Amos
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Most of the Jap bikes are 7/8", Harley's are 1", and there are some of the Vulcans and a few other cruiser type bikes that use 1" bars but they are the exception rather than the rule on Jap bikes. On European bikes there is a real mix and I actually had a few that had 1/2" bars and some that were almost 7/8" but not quite.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the information Earl!

Amos

Comment

Working...
        X