Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! 84 1150 Repair Manual. Does anyone have this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!! 84 1150 Repair Manual. Does anyone have this.

I need to know if someone has a repair manual for a 84 1150. I need information to check the ignition.

thanks

Chris McCarron

I got the stock repair manual that came with my 86. It covers all the 1150s and goes into detail of absolutely every thing.

What do you need?

Comment

What do yoy kneed to know?

Comment

My bike worked fine when I first got it but then all of a sudden no power.
        It starts and idles fine but will not rev over 7000 and has no acceleration.

I have done the following:

compression: good
        carburetors: rebuilt completely
        ignition: tried another ignitor unit(no change)
        has beige dyna coils on it(2.3 ohms)
        i know it should have 3 ohm coils so I tried
        3 ohm coils no change

I still think it is the ignition. I need to know the voltage and resistance values to test the ignitor unit, coils, signal generator and everything else.
        I need this bike to work. If somebody has the owners manual can get all the information to troubleshoot the entire ignition..

thanks

Chris McCarron

Comment

Is your advance unit (the weights in behind the ign. plate) working like it should? When you have a timing light hooked up to the bike, rev it up a little the timing marks should move foward, toward front of bike. Karen's bike starts this fairly early around 2250-2500 Rpm's. Hope this helps, Safe Riding, Bill

Comment

GS 1150 manual

It looks like advance unit, but in this bike mechanical advance unit doesn`t exist - ignitor is responsible for advance and you already tried another one.
            My idea is to try simple things first - check your air filter, rubber hose between top of the engine and air filter, petcock and fuel line for clogging.
            After this checks OK try to find another ignitor from running motorcycle (but it has to be 1150, because an older ignitor will not work) and switch it with your unit.
            Regards - Adam M.

Comment

Shop manual

In the back of any motorcycle magazine you will see an add for "Genuine Suzuki Parts". That's where I gaot my factory shop manual for around $60. A little pricey but very well worth it. As for the bike not wanting to rev, make sure the throttle cable is functioning properly and not hanging up. Also check that the cam chain tensioner is functioning. If the cam chain jumped a tooth that could very well make the engine not rev even though idle is OK. Good luck, RJ

Comment

Working...
              X