Brake Caliper lubricants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Caliper lubricants

can anyone tell me what the recommended lube is for the pins on the floating side of the brake calipers?

I'm not sure what pins you are referring to. If they are the small dia pins on the rear caliper, I don't think those get lubed. I rebuilt my calipers several weeks ago, the two pins under the plastic cover were quite rusty, I soaked them in "Must for Rust" Home Depot $7.00, they came out looking new, I did not lube them. I did lube the large internal pins, with High Temp Caliper grease.

83 GS750ED

Comment

Re: Brake Caliper lubricants

There isnt one that I know of. I've never put anything on the pins. If theyre crusty, just clean them up with a woft wire wheel. You dont want any kind of lube dripping onto the brake pads.

Earl

Originally posted by jkmarston
      can anyone tell me what the recommended lube is for the pins on the floating side of the brake calipers?
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I have had good luck cleaning up the pins and then just putting a very light coating of brake grease or lithium grease on the pins. The lithium greases aren't water soluble and so it doesn't wash off as easily.

The key is a very light coat just to help protect the pin from the elements.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X