CV carbs on a 78 GS1000E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV carbs on a 78 GS1000E

Has anyone put CV carbs on the 78 GS series engines...cant figure how to mount them...I dont think I can modify different boots to work...should I stick with the old carbs? Tim

hunt around for a set of 28 or 29 MM smooth bores they will fit your bike and give you a bit more power and a bit better mileage but you'll have to rejet them and they will be better if you have a aftermarket pipe as well the performance gain will be even more

hope this helps

Spyder Out

Comment

Install a later model head

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
        specifically, a head from a 80 or 81 GS1000G, they have larger ports and breath better.
        the information I have seen shows that just the switch to the bigger port head and stock carbs for a 80 G is worth right at 10HP.

Comment

[quote="focus frenzy"]
          Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          specifically, a head from a 80 or 81 GS1000G, they have larger ports and breath better.

The 1980 GS1000ET and GS1000ST also had CV carbs with the larger ports. Basically any 'T' model.

the information I have seen shows that just the switch to the bigger port head and stock carbs for a 80 G is worth right at 10HP.

Suzuki claimed either no increase in power, or 3 bhp, depending on what you read. (most figures I've seen quote 87 bhp for the slide carb model and 90 for the CV, but those are crankshaft output figures.) In reality dyno tests have shown no increase at the rear wheel. The potential is there with the biger ports however.[/quote]

Comment

If you change the headand free up the exhaust side and the intake side you may get more go. If you keep the standard pipes stay stock.

Comment

Working...
            X