1100E jetting w/ V&H pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100E jetting w/ V&H pipe

Just installed a vance and hines megaphone and a stage 1 dyno jet on my 81 1100E. I have the e-clip on the 4th from the top and the air screws 3 turns out. The bike runs good except for a small flat spot at approx. 3000 rpm. The bike also seems to pop excessively on deceleration. I haven't had the carbs sinc'd in quite a while. I'm also running the stock air filter. Any suggestions out there?

Hi, I had the same thing going on with my 1100E and I finally got around to going up one size on the pilot jets. It did seem to help get rid of most of the popping, and also smoothed out the low speed driveability. The jet sizes come in increments of 2.5. My 1100 had #45 pilot jets and I went to #47.5. It's pretty cheap and easy to do. Hope this helps.
    Jeff T.

Comment

V&H pipe

Call V&H tech support. They can be very helpful.

Jason :twisted:

Comment

my header pops when i have the smallest leak in the exhaust system--i also have a spot that seem to be a lean spot but it occurs only when the bike is not pulling--it goes away when i twist the throttle

Comment

Popping

Radar, On my '82 1100E I run a Kerker megaphone with individual K&N's. Air screws are turned out 5 turns to get rid of the popping, and I run 137.5 main jets. Runs great. You probably want to try 4 turns on the air screws. As to the flat spot, headers are notorious for lumpy power bands. That's the compromise you have to live with in order to get more power (at least with some designs).

Comment

i was wondering if you have a baffel in the muffler/megaphone/canister or whatever is on the end of your tail pipe??

Comment

Working...
            X