Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement 450 Wiring Harness

Are they different between bikes???

Where can I get one (besides E-bay, 450T parts are rare there)???

How easy would it be for me to just make my own???

Re: Replacement 450 Wiring Harness

Wiring harnesses are different for different model bikes and even some same model bikes of a different year will use a different harness. If one can follow a wiring diagram, then making a harness is not difficult, but it is very time consuming. The biggest problem is finding wire colors to match the diagram.
    If that is not possible, then you would have to redraw a diagram noting all your color changes so if need be at a later date, you would be able to run down any problems that develop. If you just wire things helter skelter, 6 months from now, you will have no idea where anything originates or terminates. If it was me, I would bite the bullet and order a new harness from the dealer for that year and model of bike.

Earl

Originally posted by Dave_A
    Are they different between bikes???

Where can I get one (besides E-bay, 450T parts are rare there)???

How easy would it be for me to just make my own???
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Hey pal,

Check out this link:

I did a google search using "nos wiring harness suzuki gs450" and came up with site that claims to have many New Old Stock (NOS) parts. If you can find the original part number of your 450TX harness you might be able to match it to this companies inventory.

Oh, by the way, I found two part numbers for wiring harnesses on this page (there might be more that I missed). Hopefully one of them matches your needs. Here they are:

36610- 15300 WIRING HARNESS
      36620-15900 WIRING HARNESS

Good Luck! 8)

Comment

36610-44250 is for T model -44300 is for an X model and I have no idea what the difference is.

Comment

See if this is what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by arveejay
            Yep, bought it...

If it's a little off, I can compensate...

But according to Clymer, the wiring is the same for all 82 models...

So it can't be too far off...

Comment

You just gotta love Ebay.

Comment

Working...
              X