Turn Signal Control Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Control Unit

Does anyone know where I can find a Turn Signal Control Unit? I one side of mine is not working. I have temporarily fixed it by wiring it so that both turn signals use the working side of it but it is a pain to use. I have to hold the switch either right or left and you have to keep it pressed on until you are finished turning or the turn signal will turn off. Make it really hard to turn this way. Anyways I have been looking for one with no luck. Have tried E-bay. Local dealer wants $300 for one. If I have to I will buy one, but really don't want to put that kind of money into it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try http://www.independentcycle.com/

Michael

Comment

Best thing is to convert to manual turn signals. The turn signal module for 78-79 are around $400 if you can find one. Few months ago a NOS one went for $150? on ebay Trying to buy one used is a crap shoot, chances are it is bad also. To keep the original look use a manual switch from a late 70s GS750 and adapt the wiring to eliminate the module. Thats what I did on my 79 GS850

Comment

Are there any reports of rigging a control unit from a newer bike to work on a GS?

Removing the control unit made my turn signal troubles go away but left me with manual signals. If it was possible to have self cancelling signals at a reasonable price I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Jeff

Comment

turn signal contol unit

Yor best bet is to bypass the unit and wire manual, as it is almost impossible to find a working unit...my 78 was the same way.

Comment

Working...
          X