X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicagoland GSers

A repost from the "General" section...

Anybody wanna go halfs on this??

It's a non-runner - I just want the fairing and pipe - you keep the rest. I'll front the bid money - you pick up, and just send the parts and the balance on 1/2 the total minus my shipping. Would be willing to send my 750E model nose fairing and pipe (negotiable).

It'd be a sweet deal for the right price.

PM me if interested...

-Q!

hard to resist...but finding a 700 exhaust would be a pain...

if it weren't so late in the year i'd do it...i have no time for a project besides my school stuff...i just sold my old 550 last week.

Comment

i'll think about it but i really want a 1100 and i don't know how hard it is to get a title in illinois.

ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

i imagine its pretty tough...

Comment

I'm easy on the pipe - I do have another coming from Australia, so would be willing to part with my Supertrapp - it's not great, but no leaks - it'd do while sourcing another pipe, and they're the same as the '83+ 750E's (which doesn't mean it's much easier to find a pipe for 'em!!)

Don't know anything about tiitling (got past the censors!!) a bike in IL, either...

My life seems to be one big pipe dream!!!

(no pun intended....)

-Q!

Comment

If it were an '83 750 I'd be willing to split the cost for the motor, actually just the crank and rods. Depending on how much you want to alter the 700/750s you can always use an air/oil cooled Gixxer exhaust. I have a feeling the Katana and Bandit exhaust will work with fewer alterations.

Comment

Yessir. I didn't think it'd be easy to find someone... But with the cost of aftermarket repro fairings, I had to try.

If nothing else, I'll just save my dollars for a new PowerBronze. It could happen. No, really. Someday.....

(insert sigh here)

-Q!

Comment

I have a few questions for the seller (which I sent him). I'm not really interested in keeping the bike myself, so I'd probably want you to at least send the pipe and maybe your fairing in order to complete the bike for resale... we'll see what the seller has to say. If he gives me the right answers I'll probably help you out.

By the way, what is the "right price" in your opinion Q?

Regards,
                Steve

Comment

Ok, the seller got back to me. Apparently this bike belonged to someone who brought it in for service 5 years ago and never paid the bill. The seller said that to get a Mechanic's lien on it would cost him almost $500, and that's not including the money still owed on the work done 5 years ago (which, by the way he didn't list). Reserve on the bike is $300. Send me a private message and let me know what you're thinking in terms of our approach Q...

Regards,
                  Steve 8)

Comment

Message sent...

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
                      i'll think about it but i really want a 1100 and i don't know how hard it is to get a ###le in illinois.

ryan
                      ......can't be that bad, they must run the vin# against their database to see if it was stolen.....for $300.00 though, its a steal.

I'de take all of the fairings off and go naked style, it'll look sweet!

Comment

i'll think about it but i really want a 1100 and i don't know how hard it is to get a ###le in illinois.

ryan
                        ......can't be that bad, they must run the vin# against their database to see if it was stolen.....for $300.00 though, its a steal.

Comment

ryan

Comment

Working...
                          X