Dos'nt wanna start back up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dos'nt wanna start back up!

OKay .. here is the problem .. I'll go ride 10miles come home park it .. 20mins later she won't wanna start ? ... if i give here some time she will start back up but it takes some time ...

Whats the problem ?

Thanks,
    John

It might be the same problem I had with my old GS450. It was a faulty regulator-rectifier. When a bad RR heats up, it won't provide the proper current.
    If the starter won't even crank the engine then it might be dirty commutater and brushes in the the starter. I had this problem too - it seemed to be worse when the bike was hot - this makes sense because resistance increases with heat. After I cleaned up the inside of the starter the engine cranked much stronger in all heat ranges.

Comment

nabrams Think you might be on to somethin ..

But I think its because its a new battery and still has'nt charged all the way ... I hooked it up to the car and jump started her and she fired right up!

Thanks for the help though!
      John

Comment

coils...all coils. i believe a set of Accel coils is about $102...i'd go for it. the Dyna coils i have, very simliar to Accel, are awesome. starts faster then most bikes.

Comment

Working...
        X