Emgo vs. K&N pod filters vs. K&N airbox filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emgo vs. K&N pod filters vs. K&N airbox filter

I'm currently running a K&N airbox filter on my 82 GS1100E and larger main jets but was thinking of going to pods. Is there much of a power increase if jetted accordingly. I've read with some bikes, that the stock airbox with a K&N can flow as much air as the carbs can handle. If I do go to pods, do the K&N's flow that much better than the Emgos and are they worth the extra money? I assume they are better quality but how much better?

i went from dirty old K&N's to Emgo's...i like them. cheaper, dont need oil, and they look good.

performance wise, i've noticed no change.

Comment

What kind of jetting change did you do when you fitted the k&n/emgo filters?

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
        i went from dirty old K&N's to Emgo's...i like them. cheaper, dont need oil, and they look good.

performance wise, i've noticed no change.
        Adam, you say the Emgo's don't need oil. Are they a paper element?
        Just curious.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Keith, the Emgo's are a fine metal mesh type filter. it looks like they may breathe better then a K&N, although i dont have any actual flow numbers.

jetting change...i think it was suggested on my model 550 (with VM type carbs - NON CV) 3 sizes up on the main jet. tweaking of the pilot screws and air screws is needed.

~Adam

Comment

Adam, I'm not an air filter expert, but I can't see a fine metal mesh filter stopping all the dirt. I'll stick with an oiled filter such as K&N.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Keith, i'm sure they aren't as good as an oiled filter...they are for 'racing' apparently...but they seem to do a good job. for under $9 a piece...they sure are more reasonable then K&N.

Comment

Working...
              X