Schnitz Racing and Dyna S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schnitz Racing and Dyna S

I'm thinking of ordering a Dyna S from Schnitz Racing; their prices are pretty good. If you've dealt with them, how was the experience? Thanks.
    1979 GS 1000

Try going direct to the Dyna site they were having a sale on the Dyna III

Comment

Dyna III vs. Dyna S

Other than the (obvious!) price difference, I see the Dyna III having a module that fires the coils, and the Dyna S firing the coils directly, what are the differences pro/con of the III and the S?
      1979 GS 1000

Comment

I had a dyna 3 on my old kawasaki and it helped it wake up all my other mods, Have a dyna s on the 1150 and it basicly does the same only cheaper. had the s for ten years with no trouble........skip

Comment

My preference for the III stems from my belief that heat kills electronics, and I wanted my ignition mounted somehere not too hot, however Skip's valued experience would seem to make mine a moot point....

Comment

Dyna III vs. Dyna S

Yeah, I felt the same way, being a broadcast engineer and tech, that having the electronics someplace other than inside the points cover, and in a module that looks to be finned for cooling, might be better. I talked to Scott at Dynatek tech support, and he said there was really no difference in reliability, only a cleaner install with the Dyna S because of not having to wire to the module AND coils. But I couldn't resist the $50 savings of the III over the S, so I just ordered the III at Dynaonline. Thanks for the nudge to get the III, Lynn.
            1979 GS 1000

Comment

Originally posted by skip[
              I had a dyna 3 on my old kawasaki and it helped it wake up all my other mods, Have a dyna s on the 1150 and it basicly does the same only cheaper. had the s for ten years with no trouble........skip
              Skip - Did you see any difference in performance when you upgraded your 1150's electronic ignition to the Dyna S? Just wondering if it's worth it for me to pick up a dyna system (I currently have the stock electronic system).

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X