Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna Sure?

I have a 82' gs1100gl (2) valve engine.
    Removing current electronic ignition and installing a Dyna 2000.
    WHERE is the TDC mark on this engine???
    thanks

I believe it is the same as my GS1000G
    under the points cover(right side of engine) there should be 3 marks, "T" "1-4" "2-3"all these can be seen through the small hole above the points/pick-up plate.

"1-4" will be your tdc mark you are lookin for, gl and let us know how it works out

Comment

My 82' had electronic ignition. So, no points plate. There are 1-4 and 2-3 marks on the OEM rotor which gets removed durning installation. Those marks were a timing REFRENCE to each 1-4 and 2-3 signal generators and is not relevant to Dyna.
      What is needed is a "FIXED" TDC mark on the engine case, (right side) to set the new Dyna marked rotor to. The new rotor has a degree scale printed on it. But without a fixed TDC mark on the engine the timing marks have nothing to align to.

Comment

Originally posted by nert
        My 82' had electronic ignition. So, no points plate. There are 1-4 and 2-3 marks on the OEM rotor which gets removed durning installation. Those marks were a timing REFRENCE to each 1-4 and 2-3 signal generators and is not relevant to Dyna.
        What is needed is a "FIXED" TDC mark on the engine case, (right side) to set the new Dyna marked rotor to. The new rotor has a degree scale printed on it. But without a fixed TDC mark on the engine the timing marks have nothing to align to.
        The mark is on the gold colored plate mounted behind the plate the stock sensors were on

Comment

Re: Dyna Sure?

For installing the Dyna 2000 system, you neither need nor use a TDC mark.
          Set the degreed Dyna rotor to align at 32 degrees of advance with the 32 degree advance line centered on the 12 oclock position breaker plate mounting bolt. Switch the control unit to the test function and rotate the breaker plate to get a plug to fire on this mark.
          If you set the breaker plate so that its mounting screws are centered in the slots, you should be VERY close to firing at 32 deg. Set the advance curve to #1 when static timing is completed. Do not move the pickups from their factory set position on the breakerplate. You will find that it is only necessary to time either pair of cylinders. The remaining two cylinders will be dead on.

Earl

I have a 82' gs1100gl (2) valve engine.
          Removing current electronic ignition and installing a Dyna 2000.
          WHERE is the TDC mark on this engine???
          thanks
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thank you daveo and earlfor.
            I just installed it and took it for a ride. MUCH smoother through the full RPM range. Exhaust is quiter, especially on throttle off. Lot less "rumbling".
            was a good investment/upgrade even for a working ignition system.

Comment

Yep, I know I am really happy with my Dyna2000 on the 1150. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Thank you daveo and earlfor.
              I just installed it and took it for a ride. MUCH smoother through the full RPM range. Exhaust is quiter, especially on throttle off. Lot less "rumbling".
              was a good investment/upgrade even for a working ignition system.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
              X