Part Number Compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part Number Compatibility?

I have a question regarding part numbers. I have a chance to get a valve cover gasket, fork seals and 'D' grommets for the head. these items were for a 1982 GS1100GL. I have a 1983 'GK. The 'D' grommets are the same but I get different part numbers for the gasket and fork seals. Why the difference? are the forks not the same on these bikes? and the engines are both 8 valvers, here are the numbers:

11173-49224 gasket
    09241-23002 Plug ( same as the 'GK)
    51153-49001 Fork seal

my Numbers:
    11173-49020 gasket
    51153-49440 fork Seal

Are they interchangable? :twisted:

The forks on the GK are, as far as I know, unique to the GK. They're set wider apart and the tubes are larger in diameter. The triple tree, naturally, is also different from that on the rest of the 850's, 1000's, 1100's. That explains why the seals are different.

I don't know why the valve cover gasket is different. All the 1100 shaftie engines are interchangeable, except for the black cases on the 84 GK. Beats me.

Nick

Comment

What do you mean the black cases? if your talking about the whole engine, mine is black also. ?? :twisted:

Comment

I have a friend with an 82 GK, and his cases are not black. I thought 84 was the only year the GK came with black cases.

Nick

Comment

Working...
        X