• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I properly adjust my clutch?

anyone out there that can give me a step by step
    its an 84 gs550l
    thanks

Generally, you should have about 2-3mm of slack at the lever.
    In other words, the gap between the lever and its bracket should be 2-3mm before the cable starts pulling in the clutch arm at the case.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Clutch Adjustment

Loosen the nut on the engine case (where the clutch cable goes into the engine) a couple of turns. Turn the adjustment on the handlebar all the way in (clockwise towards the lever) to give the cable maximum slack. Remove the clutch cover. Loosen the locknut inside and back the philips head screw out two or three turns. Then turn it back in until it seats, back it out a quarter to one-half a turn, hold the screwdriver steady and tighten the locknut. If you've got a grease gun you can inject some grease into the zerk fitting here if you want to lube the clutch ramp. Set the locknut on the engine case, tightening it down. Now go back to the handlebar and turn the adjuster out (counterclockwise away from the lever) until the cable firms up and feels right. Set the big locknut against the lever so the adjustment won't change until the cable stretches some more after many hundreds or thousands of miles. You're done. Have a beer and smile. You're now a bike mechanic.

Comment

How do I properly adjust my clutch?

thanks for the tips

Comment

Working...
        X