mini stalk turn signals for a 700es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mini stalk turn signals for a 700es

has any one had trouble installing a set of mini stalk turn signals on an 85 700es? the front signals seem to require 3 wires instead of the 2 that came with the minis i bought. they wont blink untill i rev over 3,000rpms. its very strange and any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    p.s. any idea where i can find a service manual on the 700es i an having great difficulty in finding one, once again any help would be appreciated greatly.

Not sure about the 3 wires - my bike only has two. Maybe your lights are dual-filament (w/running lights)?

Check your grounds and the cleanliness of the connections on all 4 lights - battery cables and frame ground, to. I installed Lockhart mini-stainless signals, and had some trouble with slow flashing that was caused by dirty bulb connections and corroded contacts in the directional switch.

I rebuilt the switch once, and had to fab a new spring for it. After the problems with the new lights, I replaced the handle bar controls entirely, and have had no problems since.

Hope this helps,

-Q!

Comment

QCK nailed it. The front turn signals also serve as running lights. You need the minis with the dual filaments, they will have three wires.

www.motorcyclememories.com has an '83 GS750E/ES factory service manual for sale. It ain't cheap.

Item Number 35897

Suzuki GS750E/ES Service Manual, Printed 5/1/83, 99500-37020-03E, In Factory Binder

$62.00

Neither Haynes nor Clymer ever made service manuals for this bike. It was only produced from '83 til '85. It may have been available in Europe for a couple more years after that, but didn't sell well due to the introduction of the GSXR750 in '85.

The factory service manual is very good. There is also a supplement for the '85 GS700 that apparently isn't available with the item above. I have an extra copy of the supplement if you want it. It's been through a flood, so the pages are a bit wrinkly, but still quite legible.

Let me know.

Brett
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

I'm running the mini stalks too. You don't have to necessarily have the running light function. The reason the mini signals don't usually even come with a running light function is they are so small the constant heat from running lights will melt the signal housing. I had this happen with a set. Trying using a cheap, round metal flasher unit like they sell for cars.

Comment

manual supplement for 700es

i would certianly be interested in the supplement griffin. let me know how much you want for it and where to send the money order and ill get it to you. email: tdavis@olemiss.edu
          thanks to everyone for all the info, ill try the 2 filament first and if they melt down ill try the aftermarket flasher. thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X