what seems to be the problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what seems to be the problem?

ok, ive just set my carbs up and synced all them, the bike is a 1984 gs750es if you are wondering. well my problem is that once my bike is warmed up it seems to have a hard time comming down to idle.like ill be driving down the road an when i pull my clutch in , it takes a while to stop reving an come down to idle. ive read that this can be caused by a lean air mixture, however when i pull my plugs they are black and have like a powder residue on them. and ive read that this is caused from a ritch mixture. so which one is it? lean or rich, and also what do i have to do to fix this problem?thanks guys

pete

You're too rich. Is the jetting stock? Float levels may be set too high.

Comment

its runnin 122.5 main,i have no idea what stock, ive herd 117, but i have no idea what is stock, an float levels are where they should be

Comment

also, i kinda figured that i was rich, im like almost 5 turns out on the air mixture screw. but thas where it seemed to like it best, but once it warms up its a diff story

Comment

5 turns out on the mixture screws is a bunch. You're pretty much wide open on the jet at that point. The screws should be adjusted with the engine completely warmed up. Those are the very screws that effect idle. 117.5 is stock for the main.

Comment

so is there any trick that i could use to help get the proper mixture??

Comment

Here's a helpful link about spark plugs:

Michael

Comment

Also try www.sudco.com the carby manulas give good tuning advice and explanations about what various part of the the carby do.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                  X