Cycle Sound Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycle Sound Speakers

Can anyone tell me where a replacement of the cycle sound speakers can be had? they seem to be a bastard size, smaller than a 5 1/4, but larger than a 4 1/2, almost like 5 inches, but cannot find a 5 inch 2-way anywhere. ???? :twisted:

cycle sound speakers

Tim,

My cycle sound speakers in my Windjammer 5 fairing are made by Radio Shack. I don't know how old they are, but they seem to be in decent shape.

You might check and see if Radio Shack (radioshack.com) or maybe Crutchfield has something (crutchfiled.com). If you are still unsuccessful, I'll check on the back of the speakers and see if there is a part number or something.

Best,
    Jon
    16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
    13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
    78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
    Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
    02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
    12 Aprilia Shiver 750
    82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

Mine don't say Rat Shack on them, they say "Cycle Sound" on the backs, Crotchfield does not have anything that fits, and a google search turns up nothing. maybe there is a cross number somewhere? If you get a chance, can I have that part number? :twisted:

Comment

I also have a CycleSound stereo pod, on my Windjammer SS. Wal-Mart (at least in my area) has Pioneer TS-G1047 4" speakers that fit (and sound) quite good, and have weather-resistant polypropylene cones. I found my speakers cheap on Ebay. You might try looking there. Warning: they did not come with grilles. If you don't have any grilles you will either have to buy some (EXPENSIVE - $30 from Pioneer!) or make them, which is what I plan to do. But as I said, they do fit properly and sound great (100 watts maximum input).

Comment

Well, thats just it, mine is around a 5 inch. 4 1/2 too small, 5 1/4 to big... :twisted:

Comment

Hmmm... Maybe your CycleSound is a different style/model than mine. Mine says "CycleSound/Laminar Antenna" on top(the antenna is a "rubber duck" style on a mini ball-mount, rather than the collapsible type that mounts in an extension of the pod shell). The speakers don't completely fill the opening, but the screw spacing is correct. Also, I've found that the speakers help hold the top and bottom halves of the shell together in the front. With the Pioneer TS-G1047 speakers there is about 1/8" gap between the speaker edges and the shell of the pod. My screw spacing (horizontally and vertically, but NOT across the diameter of the speaker) is 3-5/16". Best thing I can suggest is to measure your screw spacing, then find a speaker with the same spacing. If there's a gap, don't worry about it. The speakers are supposed to have foam (like cushion foam) stuffed behind them for vibration damping; If it's slightly too big, a dremel or even a sharp utility knife used carefully should take care of that, and the grilles should cover any minor mistakes. Good luck!

Comment

Not a problem, really.

I don't know if it is reasonable to enlarge the hole to accept a larger speaker, but, if not, just use the 4 1/2 inch speaker .

For four-bolt mounts, run two narrow, rigid, steel strips across the speaker in an X-pattern. Drill to fit the speakers and the mount holes, plus one more hole where the strips cross. Bolt all five points.
              Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Mine does not have a rubber duck type antenna on it, nor is there a provision for it. It was designed for the 'GK, that much i know, as I had it apart replacing the radio, and it was ounted into the 'GK fairing. I guess I can get away with the 4.5 incher, I will see :twisted:

Comment

cycle sound

Tim,

I have the same cycle sound as birdman, with the 4" speakers and the laminar antenna. My 4" rat shack speakers fit like a glove. So, you must have different model than I do. Sorry I could not help.

-Jon
                  16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
                  13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
                  78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
                  Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
                  02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
                  12 Aprilia Shiver 750
                  82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

Check 'em out. They are not weather proof but a can of scotchguard can fix that.(really, I'm not kiddin)

Comment

There's also this guy if you can afford the ticket. Remember, that price is EACH, not for a pair....

Comment

Working...
                      X